Zahide, a member of Istanbul and New York bar associations, is highly specialized in corporate mergers & acquisitions transactions. She has considerable experience in share and asset transfers, joint ventures, corporate restructuring, corporate mergers and demergers, venture capital investments, angel investments, and acquisition financing. She has acted as the advisor to sell-side and buy-side in every stage of more than 70 local and cross-border deals, involving private and publicly held companies, in a wide range of industries such as technology, energy, telecommunications, infrastructure, automotive and food. Moreover, she provides day-to-day general corporate law advice to multinational clients in relation to their Turkish subsidiaries and advises them on a broad scope of legal matters including employment, agency and distributorship, capital markets, corporate governance, anti-corruption, and intellectual property.
Following her LL.B. education at İstanbul Bilgi University on a full scholarship, she earned her Master of Laws [LL.M.] degree from Harvard Law School. She also pursued her PhD at İstanbul Bilgi University and wrote her dissertation on “Seller's Liability for Breach of Representations and Warranties in Share Deals”. She also gives lectures on “Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions” in Master of Laws programme at Kadir Has University.
Zahide is a founding member of Harvard Law School Alumni Association of Turkey and is currently serving as a board member. She is also a member of Harvard Alumni Association and ILI İstanbul International Law Institute.
Zahide has co-authored two notable articles alongside Prof. Dr. Yeşim M. Atamer, titled “Earn-Out Clauses in Share Purchase Agreements – a Comparative Overview” and “Why the Rules of the Turkish Code of Obligations Are Failing to Tackle Third Party Claims in Sales Contracts?”. She is also a frequent contributor in various national and international publications.
- Why the Rules of the Turkish Code of Obligations Are Failing To Tackle Third Party Claims in Sales Contracts?, Prof. Dr. Türkan Rado’nun Anısına Armağan, Istanbul 2020, p. 67-106, co-author with Prof. Dr. Yeşim M. Atamer.
- Earn-Out Clauses in Share Purchase Agreements – A Comparative Overview, BATIDER 2019, Issue 3, p. 97-136, co-author with Prof. Dr. Yeşim M. Atamer.
- A Radical Tool For the Minority: Forced Dissolutions of Joint Stock Corporations with Just Cause, TKYD Magazine 2016, Issue 32 (co-author).
- Whistleblowing in Turkey and Applicable Turkish Legislation, TEID INmagazine 2016, Issue 5 (co-author).
- Procedure for Squeezing out Minority Shareholders To Be Introduced, BNA International World Securities Law Report 2011, Volume 17, Number 7.