Tarık is an experienced lawyer with a demonstrated history of works in all sorts of commercial and individual disputes, including shareholder disputes, M&A disputes, partnership disputes, employment-related disputes, white-collar crimes, execution proceedings and insolvency litigations, disputes arising from capital markets law, inheritance and custody related disputes, real property and lease related disputes as well as disputes arising out of Turkish law-governed contracts of all types involving a foreign party. In this respect, Tarık represents many local and multinational clients operating in a wide range of sectors including energy, education, finance, service, technology, retail, construction, and defence.
Tarık is a graduate of Marmara University [LL.B.] and University Of London-Queen Mary And Westfield College [LL.M.], respectively. He is currently pursuing an Executive MBA at Boğaziçi University as well as a PhD programme at Istanbul Bilgi University. In his dissertation, he focuses on “Legal Aspects of Asset Transfer Agreement” set forth in Article 143 of Banking Law no. 5411.
Admitted to Istanbul Bar Association, Tarık is also a member of International Bar Association [IBA] and Association of Young Executives and Businessmen [GYIAD]. He frequantly contributes to news programs of channels such as Bloomberg HT and Ekotürk with his views on recent legal developments.
Tarık is the author of numerous publications, published both in English and Turkish, including several refereed articles. He is also a frequent contributor in reputable magazines such as Bloomberg Businessweek and Dünya Gazetesi, and gives lectures in the field of Obligations Law in the Master of Laws programme of Bahçeşehir University.
- Legal Aspects of Mitigating Construction Risks in Project Finance, Vedat Kitapçılık, Istanbul 2013.
- Covenant Not to Compete in Light of the Mandatory Provisions of Labor Law, TBB Journal, 2015/118.
- Re-thinking of Unanimity Voting Matter Pertaining to Leasing of Common Areas and Premises, Hacettepe University Faculty of Law Review, 6(1) 2016.
- The Comparison of Punitive Damages as an Anglo-American Legal Matter to Similar Turkish Legal Concepts, TBB Journal, 2019/141.
- The Recent Pivotal Developments Introduced in Turkish Legislation, Dünya Gazetesi, Executive-TR Monitor, Issue 172 (co-author with Barış Ülker).
- Limitations on Dividend Distribution, What Actions May Be Taken by Board Members?, Dünya Gazetesi, Executive-TR Monitor, Issue 180 (co-author with Barış Ülker).
- Is Mandatory Mediation an Obstacle for Access to Justice?, Bloomberg Businessweek, November 2020 (co-author with Barış Ülker).
- Why is the Business Judgment Rule Important?, Dünya Gazetesi, Executive-TR Monitor, Issue 184 (co-author with Barış Ülker).
- Pandemics and Partnerships, Dünya Gazetesi, Executive-TR Monitor, Issue 187 & Bloomberg Businessweek, October 2020 (co-author with Barış Ülker).
- Court of Cassation Said the Final Word: Courts May Decide on an Interim Rent Reduction in Adaptation Lawsuits, Dünya Gazetesi, Executive-TR Monitor, Issue 219 (co-author with Barış Ülker).